Friday, October 14, 2016

Worship songwriter

         Jeremy Riddle is a songwriter and worship leader at Bethel Church. He started out in Anaheim Vineyard, as time passed, he found himself with the talent of being a leader and passing out Lord's wisdom, which later he joined the church and became a youth pastor and worship leader. He released his first full-length album in 2007 called "Full Attention" and the song “Sweetly Broken” was its top hit. Later he joined Bethel Church and wrote other all time classics like " This is Amazing Grace " and my personal favorite "In Your Light".

         As a worship leader, Jeremy was inspired to lead his team with unique energy. I was very fortunate to go to a Bethel concert back in August, and Jeremy had a really special performance, he's appearance is calm, but through out different songs, I could feel different energy that is completely opposite, which is the energy of the spirit's appearance. Especially during one set "Furious", I was immediately attracted to the lyrics on the screen "His love is sweet, his love is wild and it's waking hearts to life." Indeed, Lord Jesus always loves and cares about his people, and we are all his creation, without his love, our lives will be drowned with hate and darkness. That was one demonstration of how his music talks to people, he passes message and praises Lord's glory but beyond that he has the ability to call out to God without hiding or preserving himself, that is one important skill that a worship leader should have.
         
         Moreover, Jeremy has a strong desire for God, that is what drives him for being a worship leader. From a musician's perspective, he is capable of expressing his desire for God through his music and live performance without any over exaggerations.

5 comments:

  1. Good summary of this talented worship leader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it really awesome that you chose to write about Jeremy Riddle, he seems really interesting. I really like how you described your experience at his concert. The song "This is amazing grace" is one that I also really love to play and listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know who Jeremy Riddle was, but I was glad to read about him. Nice job Connor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good! Jeremy Riddle sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew that Jeremy Riddle was the one who wrote so many popular worship songs that we all know and love. Thats cool how you even had the opportunity to see him perform!

    ReplyDelete