Thursday, November 16, 2017

Worship Matters Chapter 10

    In this chapter, Bob talks about the relationship between the Holy Spirit and Worship performances. He stresses about the spiritual involvement during worship is one of the most important factor and points out how worship performers sometimes don't seem to be about God. Moreover, Bob believes to have a heart filled with the love of the Lord is bigger than any talents. To worship is to lift up the presence of the Holy Spirit and support God's teaching. If we go outside of the zone, then we can not be able to spread God's words.

    I have seen many people stress about the importance of being on the same side with the Lord. Still, many people forget about that when they worship. Through Bob's suggestion, however, it seems to me that to be more focused on God is to have ourselves to have this idea of purifying and improving the surroundings and help others that are around us to feel the presence and calling of the Lord. It's unavoidable that sometimes we can meet temptations and be confused with our own desire. But I believe, as long as we uphold the Holy Spirit to its place, the light of the Lord shall guide us through all obstacles.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Connar, I really liked how you interpreted the chapter. I think that we do forget to be on God's side or listen to what He says when we worship. I feel like if we all pray for the Holy Spirit to positively effect the music we play every week we can do a lot better than we're already doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true we forget about the Lord sometimes when we perform, especially when things get hectic and we have to rush. Today, there are a lot of temptations, but I agree that if we uphold the Holy Spirit, we'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said that sometimes we can take advantage of God for ourselves, and I think that it is very important to realize where we are with the Lord and ask him for help when we need it. Nice Work! - zoé

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate with how we forget about being on the same side with the lord when we try to worship. I like how you address the point about how if we get out of a certain zone we will not be able to spread God's word.

    ReplyDelete