Friday, December 8, 2017

Worship Matters Chapter 12

    In this chapter, Bob started diving into the topic of choosing music and performing music for worship. He suggests we should look into the music to see whether it fits the theme and expresses the grace of God. Also, it is important to add in our emotion to the music, so the worship can contain our true voice, which helps more when connecting to the crowds. Although, we should not keep it plain and simple, we need to have a control over the song to ensure it contains variety of expressions. We should also take advice from others, so the worship can be for everyone.

   I really like how Bob relates to the topic of music. We would sometimes ignore the theme when choosing the song, which could cause the whole service seem inconsistent. When we are doing some simple instrumental music, we should try our best use our own imagination to expand the variety without taking focus from the vocal. I still find it is a bit hard for me to add in my emotion while playing. I think I will apply Bob's suggestion and try to make the performance more expressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment