Thursday, January 18, 2018

Worship Matters chapter 14

      In this chapter, Bob changed his focus from worship performing to the worship connection. To efficiently binding everyone through worship, we should all listen to God’s words and follow his ideas. We should not embarrass others to force them into the atmosphere, because that’s not what come from their true hearts. To really appreciate and worship God, we need to put our heart into the process and everything else along with it. Instead of putting ourselves as matured followers of God, we should think about those new to his presence and find a way to help them with connecting with God.

      It was very strange for me when I first know about worship, people’s reactions toward the music was shocking to me. But after my youth group leader showed me the way, I understood the reasons of worship and eventually turned to one that leads worship. From my experience, I agree that just like what Bob suggested, instead of forcing others into worship, we should be illustrators to show them how and why do we worship. Same with going to church, instead of dragging your friends to church, why not show them power of God through your own actions? We only truely accept God when we are connected to him willingly.

3 comments:

  1. I was also shocked when I saw the audience's reaction to the music for the first time. We have to understand that it is not up to us to bring people to a God on our own but we can make the journey a little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the congregation's reaction for the first time can definitely be shocking. It's true that we can't force people into Christianity, instead we should guide them and let them make the choice for themselves. If we don't the connection with God almost seems fake and forced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is a very interesting reaction from an audience when there is worship music. I think it is important to stay true to God and listen to what He wants. I also liked how you added your personal story into this.

    ReplyDelete