It is very common when temptations struck us and lead us to doubt the power of God. My friends had all been through struggle when they found themselves in pain and felt hopeless in their difficult situations. Evan I felt pressure like that during my own time when I face my own troubles. Lucky enough, through Bob Kauflin's book , Worship Matters, I was able to realize the principles of being the Lord's faithful servant. In the first chapter, Bob mainly talked about his experience as a worship leader and his own interpretations about how to be a fair worship leader. To my deepest impression, I enjoyed reading how Bob dealt with times when temptation and pride got in his mind, because we all have the same issues when we got attached to our own benefits that we ignored what worship and being the God's follower is all about. Bob points out his solutions as to always believe in God's existence that he will always be with us. And as his lamb, we should follow the guidance and rules to keep away from those temptations.
I enjoy reading Bob's own experience, it inspired me to carry on my spiritual journey, and encouraged me to get closer to the realm of spirit. When we make decisions, we should always step back a little and think "Am I doing this for myself or for what's good?". To carry the duty of a worship leader is to stay connected with God and help others to connect with God. Of course, there will be time when we can hardly feel the existence of God, but that doesn't mean he gave up on us. Like many bible verses said, God will never leave his people and he will always love his people. So, whatever happens, we should keep this in mind, that God is with us and he cares about us.
I really liked how you started out this summary talking about your own struggles and also your friends'. I think it is interesting how you connected your life to this book and how it helped you go through tough times. I really resonate with the last sentence: "so, whatever happens, we should keep this is in mind, that God is with us and he cares about us." nice job connar!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed you post. I liked how personal you made it and how you connected it to the book. Im really liked that you used not only yours, but your friends expieriences to better connect to the books message.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you stuck to one of the main topics throughout the whole first part and focused on it. You could have talked about other topics but I like how you decided to focus on the one most important to you.
ReplyDelete